Once again the CAA has been very busy working on behalf of architects in Alberta.
A lot of what the CAA does is attend meetings.
While the participants, locations, hosts and agendas vary, there is one constant. All the meetings focus on making improvements on behalf of architects.
For the month of March 2018, some of the meetings that the CAA has been busy with include:
- Alberta Infrastructure’s Consultant Procurement Committee meeting,
- CAA’s monthly Procurement and Contract Committee meeting,
- AAA/CEA/CAA discussion about developing a triage initiative regarding bad contracts,
- CEA and CAA discussion about Prompt payment, and
- the CAA Awards Committee’s 2018 awards program
We are also preparing a formal response regarding Alberta Infrastructure’s BIM Committee and its draft Digital Project Delivery requirements.
A new initiative that the CAA is working is on is “Pitching Green.” With the help of a grant from Alberta Economic Development, the CAA is developing an evolving best practices database of ideas, strategies and mechanisms for “pitching green” architecture and interior design within the Province of Alberta.
If you are interested in this initiative, or want more information, please feel free to contact me.
Also, if you have questions on other aspects of the work that the CAA is doing or want to get involved, I would love to hear from you.